In-Person Worship Gatherings Information
We are planning to have worship in-person at 200 Barker on Sundays at 10:15 AM. To read our in-person gathering plan to know what to expect (on everything from mandatory masks to health checks), please read below.
For those of you who will not be joining us in person, we will either stream the service on Facebook Live or post a recording of it to Facebook later in the day, depending on how the internet looks in the morning.
Weather permitting, we will meet outside. We will let you know by Saturday night.
- If you decide not to attend worship in-person, please tune in to our Facebook page where our service for that morning will either be livestreamed or recorded and posted later, depending on the speed of the internet that morning.
- If you've been traveling within 2 weeks to an area with a high prevalence of COVID-19, if you're at a high risk of exposure to COVID-19 due to your job or living situation, or if you've traveled on an airplane within the past 2 weeks, please stay home and join us online.
- If you're feeling sick at all, even with mild, cold-like symptoms (anything including coughs, runny nose, sore throat, fever, to trouble breathing, chills, or a loss of taste or smell), please stay home and join us online. Worship services are things we ordinarily show up to no matter how we feel, but in this season, it is not healthy to do so. Staying home while sick is a way to love your neighbors and the city in which God has placed us.
What to Bring
Masks that cover your mouth and your nose are required on Sunday mornings from when you leave your car until you return to it to go home. If you do not have masks for everyone coming, please let us know and we can get you masks.
- Hand sanitizer
Water/Coffee/Snacks - bring your own!
Your own Communion elements. We will provide individually wrapped communion elements when you arrive, but you are welcome to bring your own.
- We invite you to park in the church parking lot, additional parking across street at 175 Barker. There are handicap spaces at the end of the building as you enter the lot. We have added 3 visitor spaces directly in front of the main entrance. There will be greeters in the lot to help direct you.
- If you need to drop off someone from your household at the door, please feel free to do so.
- Attendance will be taken to identify everyone attending in person for the purpose of contact tracing should someone attending become sick. Your temperature will be taken to make sure that your temperature is below 99.5 deg. F.
- Pick up self-contained Communion packets at the table inside the door. Gluten free Communion wafers are available at the table for those who need them. If you don't have a mask, feel free to pick one up also.
- Ushers and or greeters will make sure the contact information for any first time visitors are collected and provided to the staff.
For outdoor services:
- There will be a table at the base of the garage driveway for health screenings (including a temperature check) that everyone will be required to go through.
- There will be a second table to pick up Communion elements and orders of service if you don't have your own from home.
- Find a spot on the grass at least 6 feet from other families.
For Indoor services:
- Masks must be left on all times while in the building except when consuming communion elements.
- Chairs will be spaced to allow for proper distancing of family units.
- The North Wing will be designated as an area for non-singing with Facebook Live streaming on the monitor in there.
Please follow social distancing guidelines. Keep a minimum of 6 feet away from all non-household members, and refrain from hugging, shaking hands, etc. We know it is hard to do as we all miss each other, but out of love for each other, and out of demonstrating a safe and caring environment for any who might be guests, we need to refrain from doing so.
- There will be music, responsive reading, prayers, singing, a sermon, and self-serve Communion. We will keep it under 1 hour.
- Offering will be placed in a no-touch box if you want to give in person. Online and mail-in giving remains an option.
- There will be no nursery, children's church, or Bible study at this time while we are in person. If kids are noisy or restless in this time, it's OK!
- Please continue to maintain proper distance between households and wear masks as you greet and talk to others prior to returning to your cars.
- Only one household will be allowed to use the restroom at a time. Please try to minimize the use of them.
- Please disinfect the toilet, sink, and any other surfaces you touch after using them.
We will continue to evaluate all of these plans and adjust as we go. Thank you for your patience, grace, and good humor as we work through all of this together!