📢All events on Zoom and EST unless otherwise noted.Sunday, 8/9
- 9 AM Bible study, 10:15 AM worshipWeek of 8/9-8/15
- Read Romans 7 once each dayTuesday, 8/11
- 7 AM, Men's Bible studyWednesday, 8/12
- decision on whether we will meet outside in person or on Zoom for 8/16 worshipWednesday, 8/12
- 10 AM, Women's Bible studyWednesday 8/12
- 7 PM, Romans 7 DebriefSunday, 8/16
- 10:15 AM worship - either outside at 200 Barker or online on ZoomWeek of 8/16-8/22
- Read Romans 8 once each day
"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)
1. We are still excited about the opportunity to partner once again with Northfield Human Services to care for students at Whitmore Lake Public Schools through the Backpack for Kids
program! This year, no matter what the school year holds, these students will need backpacks and supplies (which now includes wipes and masks).
This year will be a bit different in what we collect: instead of the supplies themselves, we're collecting monetary donations
that Northfield Human Services will then use to purchase the supplies. Please consider joining in financially selecting "Backpacks for Kids" on Living Water's giving page
, or via Venmo
and designate your gift for "Backpacks for Kids." Donations should ideally be given by August 15.
Questions about Backpacks for Kids
? Reach out to Stacey Parker
2. Our region of Michigan remains in phase 4.
As such, we will continue online worship this Sunday, August 9
: 9 AM Bible study and 10:15 AM worship on Zoom. We continue to be ready to hold in-person worship the first week that we are in Phase 5, weather permitting. We will let you know each and every week where we stand on the Wednesday of that week (i.e., we will let you know by August 12 where we stand for August 16, and so on).
Please continue to pray that our infections begin to decline again, as you continue to pray for the health and safety of our fellow citizens and all of those fighting COVID-19 on the front lines and for wisdom for our elected leadership at a local, state, and federal level.
We also want to encourage you to continue to follow the medical advice - stay home as much as you can, to keep social distance between you and people who aren't members of your household, and to wear masks when you are out in public, etc. - all to do your part in helping stop the spread of the coronavirus and to protect the most vulnerable among us.To read more of our in-person gathering plan for when we are able to gather (on everything from mandatory masks and mandatory health checks), please go here.
If you need a mask, which will be required once we begin in-person worship
, please let Laura Bowen
know so she can get you one.
3. This Sunday, August 9, we continue our series called Justified & Unified: A Study in Romans:
4. Follow-up from our Voters' Assembly (June 28):