Sunday, 5/31 - 9 AM Bible study, 10:15 AM worship
Monday, 6/1 - 4:30 PM, A Chance to Encourage
Tuesday, 6/2 - 7 AM, Men's Bible study
Wednesday, 6/3 - 10 AM, Women's Bible study
Thursday, 6/4 - 4 PM, PLI Training
Thursday, 6/4 - 7 PM, Reading with Matthew, Facebook Live
Sunday, 6/7 - 9 AM Bible study, 10:15 AM worship, 12 Noon communion service
Recent Videos 🎞
"YHWH Has Spoken" - 5/3
"Connected" - 5/10
Wait For It - "God Laments" - 5/17
Matthew reads Henri Nouwen, part 3 - 5/21
Wait For It - "Lament Praises God" - 5/24
Matthew reads Henri Nouwen, part 4 - 5/28
This plan allows us to be faithful now to both the peace and the mission of Jesus. We receive God’s gifts while also worshiping our God by loving our neighbor, by living peaceably with them, and by honoring those God has placed in authority (Romans 12-13). To read more of what guided our decision, click here.
Ultimately, until we reach phase 5 of the Michigan Safe Start plan, we will not be gathering together inside at 200 Barker. There are constant changes in this season, and it is hard to say when that will be. We earnestly pray for the day to come. We are working hard to prepare for it when it does. As we wait, we are eager to expand what we can do safely in person. We are working through the safety and the details of what this looks like. Stay tuned.
In the meantime, you are not alone. We are members of the body of Christ, always united to Jesus and each other. We mourn together the loss of normal. We bear one another’s burdens and wait for one another out of love (1 Corinthians 10-13). And the best news is this: we know who holds the future, the one who was crucified and risen for us. We are in good hands – the hands that ascended, will return, and are making all things new. We rest in Jesus and his love!
We cherish your patience, your grace, and your prayers in this time. We know this time is hard for everyone. We are praying for each of you. Your elder will be contacting you soon to discuss details and answer any questions you might have. Please let us know if there is any way we can serve you, or if you have any questions about this way forward.
In Jesus’ unshakable love,
Harrison Parker, Pastor
Larry Armbruster, Head Elder
Brooke Bowen, Elder
Ken Dignan, Elder
Philip Grimm, Elder
Ron Thomason, Elder
A few announcements:
1. In regards to the flooding in Michigan, the people of Midland and Gladwin still need our prayers! Please keep praying - our God hears! On top of that, we want to thank you for your help and generosity in donating needed supplies this week. Your faithfulness in loving your neighbor is a great reflection of the heart of Jesus! Laura will keep all of us posted when she learns about further opportunities to help.
2. Everyone and anyone (all ages) is invited to join Stacey for A Chance to Encourage on Monday at 4:30-5 PM. Grab some supplies - whatever you may have on hand if you want to draw a picture or write a note. (She'll also have some email addresses on hand if you'd like to send a note electronically.) It will be a great chance to encourage one another as we reach out to encourage. Any questions, let Stacey know!
3. How do you live a life on mission with Jesus? PLI on Thursdays at 4 PM is still offering some practical, down-to-earth, tried-and-true tips on just that. If you'd like to watch teachings from previous weeks, I have access to those recordings and can share them with you - please contact me for details.
4. If you need a boost in your life right now, check out what Matthew continues to share with us from Henri Nouwen. Thursdays at 7 PM on Facebook Live, come, hear, be encouraged by the powerful message that you are God's beloved!
5. As we wait and hope , please continue to encourage each other and spur each other on to good works and love. We need each other now more than ever. Continue to call and chat with one another. Continue to mourn together and rejoice together. Continue to lift one another up in prayer. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to serve you.
Join us this Sunday on Zoom, 9 AM Bible study, 10:15 AM worship, as we continue our series Wait For It. Catch up on previous weeks here: "God Laments" and "Lament Praises God". This Sunday, we will be talking about how lament demonstrates and strengthens our relationship with God. Looking forward to seeing you there.