📢All events on Zoom and EST unless otherwise noted.Saturday, 7/4
- Whitmore Lake Virtual Fourth of July ParadeSunday, 7/5
- 10:15 AM worship (on Zoom), 12 noon Communion (at 175 Barker) - no Bible studyWeek of 7/5-7/11
- Read Romans 2 once each dayTuesday, 7/7
- 7 AM, Men's Bible studyWednesday, 7/8
- 10 AM, Women's Bible studyWednesday 7/8
- 7 PM, Romans 2 DebriefSunday, 7/12
- 9 AM Bible study, 10:15 AM worship (all on Zoom)Week of 7/12-7/18
- Read Romans 3 once each day
Recent Videos 🎞
I wanted to drop you a quick note on a few things:1. Thank you!
I want to personally thank the many of you who reached out to me in the past few weeks with kind words and notes - it means a lot. I also want to thank you for participating and having great discussions in our Voters' Assembly last Sunday. We look forward to sharing with you further progress on both our action items and our big ministry pushes (e.g., Circles, Youth Outreach, The Luke Project 52 Clinic). Please let Frank Murdock
or me know if you'd like to get involved or learn more about any of those ministry efforts.
A follow-up on one of the action items that came from the meeting: here's the list
of potential ministry efforts that was requested that we brainstormed three years ago at the high school library to see if any of you were interested in picking up and developing any of these efforts on top of the ones we are already working towards. Please let Frank Murdock
know if you would like to help with any of these ministry efforts or if you have any questions.2. Whitmore Lake Virtual Fourth of July Parade:
watch the parade video here
. You might even find that you recognize some people in it. 🙂3. In-Person Gathering:
we are continuing to prepare to have worship outdoors at 200 Barker every other week starting Sunday, July 19
, as weather allows and provided our region of Michigan has reached Phase 5 of the MI Safe Start Plan.
All of Michigan was hoping to be in Phase 5 by this holiday weekend, but because of a recent uptick in cases, we are on hold at Phase 4 for now. Living Water is preparing as if we are going to be in Phase 5 by July 19, but it is unfortunately looking increasingly more likely that our region of Michigan will still be in Phase 4. We will update you next week on the situation and will push back our outdoor worship plans as necessary.
When we do get to Phase 5 and begin to meet outdoors, we will have some requirements - mandatory masks, health checks, and social distancing. You are more than welcome to bring your own chairs and shade. We will provide you with Communion elements (unless you would like to bring your own from home), as well as orders of service (that we will also send out beforehand so you can print or have electronic copies of). For those of you who will not be joining us in-person, we will make sure you are able to view the service online.
Once we begin meeting in person, we are planning on alternating weeks of meeting in-person and meeting online (complete with Bible study and worship on Zoom and Communion in cars at 175 Barker) so that those who are not joining us in-person are still able to join in with the worship life of the congregation with some regularity. We will continue to evaluate and adjust this plan as we go.
4. This Sunday, July 5, we continue our new series called Justified & Unified: A Study in Romans. Here's how the series is moving forward:
- Each Sunday, we will look at a small piece of one chapter from Romans. This week, we continue with a few verses from chapter 2 (28-29).
- During the week, I invite you to journey with me by reading the chapter of Romans from Sunday once a day. Keep reading Romans 1 the rest of this week, and then the week of July 5-11, read Romans 2.
- Join us on 7 PM Wednesday on Zoom to debrief the chapter of Romans for the week. We had a very good debrief last night of Romans 1!
Also this Sunday, July 5: Communion at 175 Barker, weather permitting!
Please refresh your memory by reading this e-mail for more details on the who, what, when, and how of our Communion service at 175 Barker, and click here to download the order of service for Sunday's service of Communion (it is the same as it was on June 7 and 21 - so if you have a copy already, no need to print out a new one). Feel free to bring your own bread, grape juice, or wine, as well as your own copy of the order of service if you want to - otherwise, we will provide you with bread and grape juice and an order of service when you arrive.
Finally, for Sunday, July 5: no Bible Study due to the holiday weekend.
In Jesus' love,
Harrison Parker, Pastor